Apply for an injunction

You can use our online tool CourtNav to fill in an FL401 court form. This is an application for a non-molestation and/or occupation order.

You can also use it to file for a divorce, known as a D8 form.

What is an injunction?

Ask the court to order a named person not to use or threaten violence against you or your child, or to be excluded from the property in which you both live.

A non-molestation order protects you from someone who has harassed, used or threatened to use violence against you or your children.

An occupation order controls who can live in the family home or enter the surrounding area for the duration order.

You need to be an ‘associated person’ to apply for these orders.

You must also include a witness statement setting out your reasons for applying for the order.

These orders are types of injunction.

How do I access CourtNav for an injunction?

CourtNav is divided into a number of sections and questions that you can answer all at once, or you can save sections as you go along and submit when you are ready. The answers that you provide are then used to generate and fill out the relevant court form and supporting statement to apply for an injunction. There is supporting guidance throughout CourtNav and opportunities for you to ask questions, we hope you find it user-friendly and helpful.

Once you have submitted your application, it will be sent to a law firm of your choice. The legal advisor at the firm will explore legal aid with you. If you wish to access legal aid or pay private fees, your case will remain with the firm and the legal advisor. If you choose not to access legal aid or pay privately, then your case can be checked by the legal advisors at RCJ Advice.

Please note that by completing an application on CourtNav, that you are not making an application straight to Court. All CourtNav applications will be checked by a Legal Adviser, who will then advise you on the best course of action which may not necessarily be an application to the court.

You can use CourtNav with the help of a support worker if you have one (for example an IDVA, domestic abuse worker or Citizens Advice adviser). Alternatively you can register to use CourtNav by yourself. If you are a woman, you can also get assistance via the FLOWS service.

How do I get a divorce?

Find more information about getting a divorce on the RCJ Advice website.

If you’d like to set up CourtNav account for divorce please contact your local Citizens Advice service.